THE WRITERS PAGE
Writers Resources Online
Online Bookstores & Supplies
- BookFarms.com - Search for documents and books! Read, organize, print, download and send them to your friends instantly. Meet authors, and also discover new content with a community of readers.
- Indra's Best Books on Amazon support Indra's...
- NY Times Reviews 50,000 book reviews, 1980 to the present
- Books.com was the first online bookstore.
- Amazon the Earth's largest bookstore (retail prices).
- Barnes and Noble claims to be the World's biggest bookseller on-line.
top of page
Related Web Sites
- A Writers Corner - is a community to gather together all of the people involved in writing or
producing a book. Come Join Today!
- Aaron Shepard's Kidwriting Page: Publishing, Writing Children's Books - The Business of Writing for Children and of many articles in the SCBWI Bulletin.
- About.com Screenwriting Page has lots of useful info.
- adibooks.com - helpful articles, and even has a page where writers can get a free quote on just what it would cost to print their book.
- Algonkian Fiction Workshops WebDelSol an on-line literary community, has recently launched their new on-line writing classes, the Algonkian Fiction Workshops.
- All Info-About Freelance Writing A place for freelance professionals and keen hobbyists to stay up to date with current news, views and trends, seek practical assistance and browse market resources.
- American Museum of Papermaking - The Robert C. Williams American Museum of Papermaking is an internationally renowned resource on the history of paper and paper technology.
- Any Dream Will Do - The Any Dream Will Do Review welcomes original short stories and humorous essays on intimate personal (not political) topics. Please do not send us poetry, true-life stories, testimonials, porn, or black humor.
- ArtPromote - writers can submit their sites for free.
- Author Helper - offers writing, editing, and promotional help.
- Author Networking started by a scottish author for authors to share book details and other information.
- Authors Registry collects royalties from publishers, database producers and reprint services
- Art Circus Literature Network is a UK resource portal for writers including; Route Online, The Opening Line, Digital Fiction, and Pick N Mix.
- ArtemisPress is a royalty-paying electronic publisher of lesbian-related drama, essays, articles, fiction and nonfiction works.
- ArticleWareHouse is your source for FREE content. We provide articles to ezines, newsletters, and web sites. Here you'll find a large collection of articles, which are all available copyright-free.
- Asian Authors and Artists Kotan Publishing is a new organisation working to increase the exposure given to Asian Art and Literature. Featuring a Tibetan guidebook and map series, Japanese Manga, Asian Literay and Art Award, Articles, Links and more. New Asian writers and artists welcome !! E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AuthorsandExperts.com is a great place for authors, experts, and speakers to connect with members of the media and those searching for speakers.
- Beckham Publications Group is a unique book publishing company offers joint venture self publishing project to promote the works of young and budding writers
- Bernheim Arboretum & Research Forest in Clermont, KY offers a funded WRITING FELLOWSHIP each year. No application fee.
- Between Your Ears is a new anthology dedicated to writers of the Guyanese Diaspora. We welcome contributions from emerging as well as established writers and seek to foster a literary dialogue within the Guyanese community.
- BLOSM.com is a web community and marketplace for writers, literary agents, the reading public, and book publishers, where aspiring writers upload their unpublished works to our site, and literary fans read and rate them.
- BookWire - RR Bowker's fabulous web site for writers!
- Book of Zines - ezine and zine resource guide with links to more than 100 zine resources, interviews with and advice from 65 zine editors, a list of zines they recommend with ordering addresses and a comprehensive guide to doing your own zine and e-zine.
- Bowling Green State University One of the oldest established programs in the country, Creative Writing at Bowling Green State University offers both BFA and MFA degrees, and has an outstanding record of graduate success in publication and career preparation.
- Brain Candy Have fun with your brain. Great & unusual collections: sarcastic insults by well known people, the dying words of famous people, stupid questions.
- Burning Press produces experimental/avant guard/ exploratory poetry, visual literature, audio art, and intermedia, using any means necessary to forward the language arts & beyond.
- Captain Cynic Stories & Poetry Forum The creative writing has a number of subforums, to focus on different types of writing including story writing and script writing.
- Cats-Tales where authors submit their own work but must also agree to review someone elses.
- Childrens Writing Resource Center
- CleverStreet is a website where writers can submit their work online, to have it read and reviewed by other writers and others. CleverStreet is useful for several purposes, and even useful in becoming published.
- Course Junction allows anyone to list a course or search for a course for free.
- Cosmas O'Shaughnessy offers tips on 'How to Sell Everything You Write'
- Creativedownload.com is the place to develop your creative talents, connect with other creative people and post an online resume to help find work in the entertainment industry. Be creative, be yourself, be discovered.
- Creative Writing Degree Program For over 80 years, The New School has been a vital center for writing and the instruction of writing. Since 1996, The New School has offered the master of fine arts (MFA) in Creative Writing with concentrations in poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and writing for children.
- Creativity Web Page
- Creativity Workshop is based in New York City and is taught around the world and is dedicated to teaching individuals and groups about their creative processes.
- Cyberspace Script and Screen is Colin Chapman's listing of on-line scripts.
- Deeply Shallow Accepts submissions year round. We publish two works of fiction in each issue, so submit your very best. Writer's guidelines on website.
- Digital Fiction experiments in merging literature with internet technology and multimedia.
- Electronic Poetry Center
- Elite Skills -Writers resource / community where people can submit poetry, stories, thoughts, stories, fanfic, anything text commented on / rated.
- Elizabeth Lyon - Independent Book Editor, Author of Nonfiction Book Proposals Anybody Can Write The Sell-Your-Novel Toolkit
- Five Star Publications has been producing and marketing books since 1985. Telecoaching is a great place to start the road to publishing.
- FreelanceWriters.com is a site where freelance writers, copy editors, journalists and all types of writers from all over the globe can get their skills listed, similar to the Yellow Pages. Our database is searchable by potential clients and editors who are looking for freelance writers, editors, copywriters, etc.
- Health Writer A selective list of Internet resources for journalists writing on health and medicine.
- Gulf Coast Writer's Association of Florida.
- Helium Peer Review is a unique approach to the business of getting valuable feedback..
- highcoo.com- Short Poems on Love, Diversity, Equality Over 600 original short poems. Modern, Creative, Simple, Funny, Dark. Subjects include Beauty, Mindfulness, Self-Discovery. Good Morning Poems. Free Poetry to Browse Online.
- How to Write a Childrens Book promotes authors books and also gives women a free downloadable e-book that gives them simple steps on how to write a childrens book in 30 days or less.
- Hugo and Nebula Awards indexed by author and title, searchable by keyword
- Ix-War Against The Machine is a futuristic tech noir writing environment, encompassing many hard core sci-fi themes. It can be utilized to explore the solo writing experience or for engaging in creative roleplay/writing with others who enjoy the Dune experience.
- January Magazine offers book reviews, author interviews and profiles.
- Jim's Bookmarks is a collection of links for writers and lovers of words and languge.
- King Printing - On-Demand book manufacturer and fulfillment company.
- Learning Curve is a distance learning provider, offering a course in 'Writing for Education and Training' which shows freelance authors how to tap into this growing market for their work.
- Life Untangled now accepting submissions for new books!
- Linnaean Street a new, independent, quarterly e-zine which publishes quality short fiction, essays, and novel excerpts. Submissions welcome.
- Literary Market Place Online LMP Online for the Internet's most comprehensive directory of publishers, publishing services and suppliers worldwide.
- Love Poems And Quotes - Collection of love poems and love quotes. Themes include famous, inspirational, friendship, weddings, and romance. New poetry and quotations added monthly.
- Magikhouse is an online creative community, offering ideas, support, affordable workshops and courses to writers and other creative people and those who yearn to be creative
- magOmania is Canada's magazine search engine. Information on and links to over 300 Canadian magazines.
- Media E-Mail Addresses
- Media Law
- Mid-American Review is an international literary journal dedicated to publishing the best contemporary fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and translations.
- myhiddentalent.com - writers can publish their work, read other authors work, get reviews from around the world and much more...best of all, it's all free.
- My Turn - Robert Paul Reyes - political column for the Internet edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Mystery Connection
- National Book Foundation Literary culture is blooming online with a new site from The National Book Foundation, in partnership with BookWire. Along with a pioneering "writers in residence" program, the site will feature the prestigious National Book Awards.
- New Mirage is an association of poets and writers of all types. It publishes the New Mirage Quarterly and a number of sister journals. It maintains a review exchange working group and provides many other services.
- Nussey Magazine is an online literary magazine featuring individualists writers, and is currently accepting submissions (essays, poetry, articles, short fiction, science fiction) for our next issue.
- One Woman's Writing Retreat A content editor's virtual home away from home for those who read, research, or write.
- Open Spaces is an award winning, entertaining, and thought-provoking magazine of ideas from the Pacific Northwest..
- Original Short Love Poems Enjoy over 150 original short love poems - all categories - from attraction to wooing, deeply loving to falling out of love, broken hearts to break ups, kissing, sex, fighting, teasing, and everything in between.
- P2PWriters Network is dedicated to bringing readers, authors, literary agents, publishers and others together in an arena mutually beneficial to all. Readers will find free books, early access to the work of aspiring and experience authors, book recommendations, and the ability to maintain a catalog of the books they own or might like to own, to be shared only with friends and family.
- Poetic Express is a poetry site that originally came to the web to bring reluctant successful contemporary writers to the Internet.
- Poets & Writers Online Listings of grants, awards, resources, and other information for writers, plus forums about writing.
- Point of Life is a resource for writers and artists created by Michael Levy.
- Power of Marketing - Low Cost Quality E-book Covers - helps market your e-book by creating e-book and cd-rom e-covers.
- Principles of Writing provides an overview of principles people can apply to any type of writing. Their benefit: they can learn to write succinct, focused and structured copy that teaches or touches their audience and serves their own (business) purpose.
- Project Elan is a student resource, especially geared toward college-level English majors.
- PublicityInsider.com Designed by Bill Stoller, a 20-year book publicity pro, PublicityInsider.com is power packed with the latest how-to public relations techniques, internet promotion strategies, editorial opportunities, press release samples and much more. PublicityInsider.com is useful for any businessperson, regardless of budget, size or experience.
- Publish O'Net is a Content Management Service for those who want to create, edit, maintain and manage publications on the internet. Anyone with basic PC skills can use the service and create a publication with a professional look and feel without the help of any technical staff.
- QuoteWorld is a treasure trove of quotations.
- Readthebooks.com free 3D-animated video book reviews for kids featuring engaging 3D characters.
- Red Writing Hood ideas, inspiration, critique, community, contests, tools and more all for writers.
- RITRO - a web community based on Real Insight Through Raw Opinion.
- Rose Dog - showcases the work of unpublished writers of all types.
- Route Publishing - includes guidelines for writers, etc.
- Say It - Short stories, poems, and essays that don't suck.
- Screen & Playwriter's Resource list of educational links
- Screenwriters & Playwrights Page
- ScreenTalk Magazine a resource with how to writing ideas.
- Script-fix.com the home of affordable script coverage.
- Scriptseeker.com is a listing resource for playwrights and screenwriters
- Screenwriting Chat Room is where you can meet and explore.
- Shameless Creations - imaginary happenings of interesting characters simmered together with my perspective, the grit of experience, and the simple pleasure of telling stories are presented here for your entertainment.
- Serenity Publishing - we are here for all your publishing needs!
- Short Zen Poems - Mindfulness, Meditation Poems Unique collection of over 200 zen poems. Original, insightful, enlightening, full of paradox, wisdom and humor. Subjects include mindfulness, meditation, waking up, realization, etc.
- Social, Political Poems - Humor, Commentary Best short, original social and political poetry, poems, prose, on a wide range of human issues, with humor, perspective, wisdom, angst, appreciation and compassion.
- Technical Writing Resources
- The First Line is a magazine that explores the different directions writers can take when they start from the same place.
- The Metropolitan Tribe is a unique association of writers, visual artists and creative individuals in related fields sharing resource, making connections, forging success!
- The National Book Foundation Along with a pioneering "writers in residence" program, the site will feature the prestigious National Book Awards. (in partnership with BookWire).
- The Opening Line a free automated service for writers to promote themselves and their work.
- The Pulp Zone vintage Science Fiction
- The Story Exchange a place to market your work
- The Write Market features regular writing news and more then eight hundred listings for markets, literary services, agents and editors, writing terms, articles and publishers in one place.
- The Writers' Gallery
- The Writers' Home Page
- The Write Resource Resource Links for Writers along with Contests, Articles, Calendar, Downloads and More!
- The Writers' Studio a 15-year old private school located in Greenwich Village (NYC) which offers 10-week workshops in Fiction and Poetry.
- Thompson and Prince is a state of the arts pioneer on the cutting edge of publishing offering electronic literature, multimedia poetry, and a writers workshop - see website for more information.
- Timocracy Online is now offering open submissions for authors and writers for inclusion as content their site.
- U.S. Copyright Office
- WebDelSol an on-line literary community.
- WebDelSol an on-line literary community.
- WriterÕs DreamtoolsWeb Tools for Writers and Students - Writer's Dreamtools, a series of useful tools to enhance writers' and students' creativity, spark ideas and fight writer's block, have been released. Filled with factoids, instant research and lists galore, they are targeted at journalists, screen and TV writers, advertising copywriters, speechwriters, PR professionals, novelists and students.
- Wocky Jivvy houses a great collection of classic poetry, a monthly Poetry Trivia Quiz.
- WOLves Writer Online has developed an innovative support program for published authors. This support program serves as an exciting and viable alternative to classes and workshops that cost hundreds or thousands of dollars. WOLves Media Room
- wordsinhere is an international collective of writers based in The Netherlands. We publish VERSAL, a literary journal, and organize a monthly performance night called The Open Stanza. wordsinhere is made of artists, poets, expatriates - members of the mainstream fringe tapping into a creative current of circular circumstances.
- Working Class Production is a site focusing on creative writing, english literature, ebooks and poems all penned by English Eccentric, George Bray. His debut book is titled The World Won't Listen and a poetry anthology English Eccentrics is due for release soon.
- World of Inspiration is a site of inspirational stories and quotes sorted by category.
- Writer's BBS
- WritersClub.com is the cyber home for the serious writer. Our 9 year old virtual community of over 100,000 writers provides services and information to support, educate and encourage writers in both their professional and personal lives
- WritersCorner is a web page designed to bring people who would like to display their works together.
- Writer's and Artist's Banner Exchange, Writers, painters, bloggers and diarists, photographers, writer's and artist's bulletin boards - creative people with their work online - are invited to join.
- Writer's Edge, numerous writer's links, resources, How-To Tips lists, The Inspiration Generator (updated weekly), child. mag site links, My Bio, among other features.
- Writer's Pocket Tax Guide
- Writerscape.com is the Premier Written Works Exchange for Writers, Publishers, Script Buyers and Agents
- WRITERS WRITE also has a Jobs Page.
- Writing for the Web - guidelines for writing articles, tutorials, white or green papers and other ruminations for online magazines, corporate and educational Web sites, and other online content
top of page
Writers Only (writers web sites)
- www.creativetypeco.com - Maria is a full-time freelance article writer who specializes in creative nonfiction, health & wellness, relationships and any topic that serves to empower women..
- Kevin Shamel, writer, cartoonist, and more!
- www.richieshivers.com - writing By R.C. Shivers Jr.
- stories on Indranet - writing by M. Foard, James Leonard, D. E. Cracraft.
top of page
- TexNotes - can store and manage notes in a hierarchal form. However, TexNotes is not just a note organizer, it also can create eBooks and can handle a large amount of rich formatted text and images, making it a feasible publishing tool.
- Nisus - NisusWriter is a full-featured word processor for the Mac, a favorite of writers, screenwriters, and business application. Some of the many features are the integrated outliner and an innovative Document Manager, save files as HTML or RTF, also offers unparalleled find & replace, unlimited undos, customizable keyboard menu equivalents, graphics creation, and an especially powerful macro language. It will even work with IBM's ViaVoice Enhanced Edition to let you enter text using a USB microphone.
top of page
Freelance, Jobs, Agents, Contacts
- AEI is a "full-service" literary company, offering "under one roof" the management of all services associated with the exploitation of stories.
- Writer's Relief Inc. provides a much-needed service for serious writers by preparing manuscripts for clients and help them target submissions.
- J. T. O'Hara and Associates help writers prepare and submit book proposals to our contacts (agents and publishers) in New York and Hollywood. Our motto is: "Frankly, my dear, we DO give a damn!"
- Complete Newsroom Directory editorial contact information page for the Top 100 U.S. Newspapers
- WritersNet (directories of published writers and literary agents)
- TheAgent List -- The On-Line list. Agencies that deal in scripts are marked in bold.
- Freelance Journal Lists opportunities and position specifics, as well as links to professional associations, the Dow Jones Newspaper Fund, and mailing lists.
- FreelanceOnline . Includes art, Web design/maintenance and writing and editing related jobs. Full-time jobs are also listed. The service is provided by Dan A. Wilson, editor of The Editor's DeskTop.
- Literary Agents and Agencies the official WGA list.
- Journalism Jobs weekly digest of journalism job postings on the Internet. Listings include both permanent and freelance opportunities.
- The Job Bank of the National Conference of Editorial Writers (NCEW). Links to other job sites as well.
- Reuters Media World Employment Office. The "employment office" links to job resources at AdWeek, Ad Age, Media Central, Rep Temps, Inc. and Reuters.
- Broadcast Employment Services.. Find jobs that are available right now, post your resume, and connect to the employment pages of stations across the country.
- National Diversity Journalism Job Bank. the nation's most comprehensive list of journalism openings on the Internet.
top of page
top of page
tip: don't limit yourself to the same old search engines
- WebFerret allows you to select which engines to use, then integrates and collates the results in an easy to use form.
- The Writer's Search Index is a search resource...for writers of course!
- Infonic Web searching uses intelligent human researchers to search, research and monitor the Web and internet on your behalf.
- AskJeeves lets you ask questions in different ways then queries many different engines.
- AOL NetFind
- Electric Library
top of page
Section 1 | Section 2 | Section 3
If you know of any link(s) for this page, Email it to us